This policy will explain how this website uses the personal data collected from you when you use it.
What data do we collect?
We collect personal identification information, for example when you submit your contribution to the archive. This may include names, email addresses, IP addresses and phone numbers.
How will we use or share your data?
Your data is used to credit your contribution within the archive. Anything you contribute through the webform will be included in the Hillsborough Parkive: a public community archive which will be held digitally on a google drive, and physically as part of a performance and permanent public exhibition in Hillsborough, UK. If you do not wish to be credited, you can remove any identifying information from your submission, or note ‘anonymous credit’ on your submission.
We share your data with other companies as part of our work process, for cloud storage, backup and website services. These include: Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, and Apple.
We don’t use your contact information for marketing purposes, unless you specifically sign up to our mailing list, which is optional and can be unsubscribed at any time. In the event that we need to share data for other reasons, we will ask you for your permission and what contact information, if any, we are able to share.
How do we store your data?
We store your data securely by using strong passwords with two factor authentication where possible.
What are your data protection rights?
The partners leading this project – RivelinCo, Ignite Imaginations, Eleven Design and Age UK Sheffield, would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are not placed on your computer until you consent through the cookie banner on first entering this website. Once you agree, you will not be prompted again for another year or until you clear the cookies from your browser.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact me
For more information about privacy policies, visit the UK Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk.